Principles and considerations for Tumor Mutational Burden (TMB) testing
In this webinar, Albrecht Stenzinger will discuss the principles of using nextgeneration sequencing (NGS) to identify the number of genetic alterations in a tumor.
sponsored by Illumina
The identification of biomarkers for the safe and effective use of targeted therapies is emerging as a key part of a cancer patient’s journey. With an increasing number of targeted therapies available, oncologists need comprehensive genomic tools to identify which drugs should be given to a specific patient.
In this webinar, Albrecht Stenzinger will discuss the principles of using next generation sequencing (NGS) to identify the number of genetic alterations in a tumor (called tumor mutational burden or TMB). As an early adopter for using TMB in translational cancer research, Dr. Stenzinger brings valuable insights and considerations for laboratories interested in implementing TMB measurement using NGS.
Wednesday 5 December 2018 at 17.00 CEST
Learning Objectives of Webinar
- Gain understanding of the value of Tumor Mutational Burden (TMB) intailoring precision medicine.
- Learn about key requirements for a robust NGS panel to measure TMB.
- Hear first-hand insights from a clinical researcher using genomics in translational cancer research
Albrecht Stenzinger, M.D.
Head, Center for Molecular Pathology
Head, Section for Biomarker Development
and Molecular Diagnostics
Institute of Pathology Heidelberg (IPH), University Hospital Heidelberg
Enjoy our FREE content!
Log in or register to gain full unlimited access to all content on the The Pathologist site. It’s FREE and always will be!
Login if you already created an account
Or register now - it’s free and always will be!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Pathologist magazine