Laser Microdissection in Clinical Practice
Impact on KRAS/NRAS/EGFR Mutation Analysis and Personalized Cancer Treatment
sponsored by Leica
Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the third most common cancer, and the fourth leading cause of cancer-related death. Increasingly, personalized targeted therapy is being used to improve patient stratification and outcomes in CRC. Molecular analysis is important to determining customized therapies, however it is challenging to sample target cell populations with enough specificity.
Laser microdissection allows for extraction of defined cell populations, enabling the pathologist to accurately select target cell samples for downstream testing. Dr. Wiedorn will demonstrate how laser microdissection technology supports effective targeted therapy, and describe the process to define new therapeutic agents targeting molecular processes in CRC carcinogenesis.
Learning Objectives of Webinar.
- KRAS/NRAS/EGFR Mutation Analysis.
- Technique of Laser Microdissection along with alternative procedures.
- Benefits of laser microdissection concerning mutation detection.
Enjoy our FREE content!
Log in or register to gain full unlimited access to all content on the The Pathologist site. It’s FREE and always will be!
Login if you already created an account
Or register now - it’s free and always will be!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Pathologist magazine