Hear both sides of the fusion detection story
sponsored by Thermo Fisher Scientific
March 26, 2020
4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT
Fusion based biomarkers are becoming more and more important in precision oncology clinical research and there is an ongoing discussion regarding the best method for their detection. In this webinar we will concentrate on NGS. A lot has been said recently about the importance of novel fusion detection. But let's not forget that most fusions occurring in cancer involve the same driver genes and partners which are known. And those can be present in very low level, or the sample as such can be very limited in tumor content. Therefore, and this is the other side of the story, sensitivity and LOD are also important for fusion detection. And there very possibly other sides, such as ease of use, Turnaround time and bioinformatics pipeline…
- Review 3 different methods data in comparison study performed and presented by Dr Wei Song.
- Hear about principle and first data generated by new FusionSync method by Dr. Philip Jermann.
- Discuss all above with both experts.
Enjoy our FREE content!
Log in or register to gain full unlimited access to all content on the The Pathologist site. It’s FREE and always will be!
Or register now - it’s free and always will be!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Pathologist magazine
Or Login via Social Media
By clicking on any of the above social media links, you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice.