A Digital Pathology System for Primary Diagnosis
sponsored by Leica
June 2, 2020 | 1pm EDT
The acquisition and interpretation of digital, whole slide images (WSI) of microscope slides for diagnosis has potential to transform pathology practice. Because WSIs differ in format and method of observation compared to the current standard glass slide microscopy, validation is necessary to prove equivalent performance.
This webinar will describe recent studies that tested the digital scanner system’s precision performance and evaluated its accuracy by comparing pathologists’ diagnoses derived from WSI versus the standard microscope on 2045 cases.
- What method was used by Dr. Bauer and team when validating the Aperio AT 2 DX for clinical application.
- How digital pathology can be implemented for primary diagnosis.
- To what degree the FDA’s Enforcement discretion enables use of Aperio ImageScope DX Viewing software and Aperio WebViewer with Aperio AT2 scanner during the Covid-19 emergency.
Enjoy our FREE content!
Log in or register to gain full unlimited access to all content on the The Pathologist site. It’s FREE!
Or register now - it’s free!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Pathologist magazine