The Next Gen of Histopathology Training
Are we ready to meet the demands of modern clinical practice?
Jacqueline James, Manuel Salto Tellez |
At a Glance
- Personalized medicine and human genome sequencing have generated a sharp increase in the need for specialist molecular pathology services
- Current training must change in order to retain the central role of the histopathologist in the healthcare system
- Molecular diagnostic training is currently being effectively introduced into existing curricula, and while this has proven effective so far, it has to change to meet rising demands
- Future pathology services must include everal subspecialists working alongside molecular pathology teams who can suitably interface between research and diagnostics
Read the full article now
Log in or register to read this article in full and gain access to The Pathologist’s entire content archive. It’s FREE!
Or register now - it’s free!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Pathologist magazine