Biomarkers: The Bigger Picture
To unlock patient care, pathologists must focus on molecular pathology and ensure efficiency and effectiveness to improve testing. With this testing, patients can benefit from the best treatment to combat their disease.
sponsored by Invitae
- DS Ettinger et al., “NCCN Guidelines Insights: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Version 2.2021,” Natl Compr Canc Netw, 19, 254 (2021). PMID: 33668021.
- F Mosele et al., “Recommendations for the use of next-generation sequencing (NGS) for patients with metastatic cancers: a report from the ESMO Precision Medicine Working Group,” Ann Oncol, 31, 1491 (2020). PMID: 32853681.
- R Benayed et al., “High Yield of RNA Sequencing for Targetable Kinase Fusions in Lung Adenocarcinomas with No Mitogenic Driver Alteration Detected by DNA Sequencing and Low Tumor Mutation Burden,” Clin Cancer Res, 25, 4712 (2019). PMID: 31028088.
- EE Heyer et al.,, “Diagnosis of fusion genes using targeted RNA sequencing,” Nat Commun, 10, 1388 (2019). PMID: 30918253.
- CB Westphalen et al., “Genomic context of NTRK1/2/3 fusion-positive tumours from a large real-world population,” NPJ Precis Oncol, 5, 69 (2021). PMID: 34285332.
- C Marchiò et al., “ESMO recommendations on the standard methods to detect NTRK fusions in daily practice and clinical research,” Ann Oncol, 30, 1417 (2019). PMID: 31268127.
- SW Lam et al., “Molecular Analysis of Gene Fusions in Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors by Anchored Multiplex PCR-Based Targeted Next-Generation Sequencing,” J Mol Diagn, 20, 653 (2018). PMID: 30139549.
- Z Zheng et al., “Anchored multiplex PCR for targeted next-generation sequencing,” Nat Med, 20, 1479 (2014). PMID: 25384085.
- J Lee et al., “Anchored Multiplex PCR Enables Sensitive and Specific Detection of Variants in Circulating Tumor DNA by Next-Generation Sequencing,” Cancer Genet, 214, 27 (2017).
- VA Papadimitrakopoulou et al., “Analysis of resistance mechanisms to osimertinib in patients with EGFR T790M advanced NSCLC from the AURA3 study,” Ann Oncol, 29, viii741 (2018).
- NB Leighl et al., “Clinical Utility of Comprehensive Cell-free DNA Analysis to Identify Genomic Biomarkers in Patients with Newly Diagnosed Metastatic Non-small Cell Lung Cancer,” Clin Cancer Res, 25, 4691 (2019). PMID: 30988079.
- U Malapelle et al., “Liquid Biopsy for Biomarker Testing in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: A European Perspective,” J Mol Pathol, 2, 255 (2021).
- C Aggarwal et al., “Clinical Implications of Plasma-Based Genotyping With the Delivery of Personalized Therapy in Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer,” JAMA oncol, 5, 173 (2019). PMID: 30325992.